GATE - 2017 will be conducted by IIT ROORKEE. IIT Roorkee will conduct all India examination jointly by the Indian Institute of Science (IISC) and six other Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT’s) on behalf of the National Coordination Board (NCB) - GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), and Government of India.
GATE- 2017 examination is mandatory for those students who seek admission to postgraduate/ doctoral programs with MHRD and some other government scholarships/ assistantships in ACIET approved engineering colleges/institutes. Also, from last some of the years it has been acting as an Admission test or Recruitment Test for PSU’s.
GATE - 2017 is an Online Test. GATE Examination is for all of the 23 papers will be conducted by an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT). For GATE 2017 the entire process of filling up of application form, uploading of certificates/documents, etc., will be online and the candidates should not send any hard copy of their application form/documents, etc., to any of the IIT/IISc Zonal GATE Office and all information related to the candidates will be available in a single GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS).
Important Things To Notice in GATE-2017 Examination:
- Virtual Calculator: It is an intelligent move to reduce unfair means in the examination by offering online scientific calculator to the students.
- Score card validity is 3 years: To enhance post-graduation in India the validity of GATE Score Card has been increased to three years.
- Result Announcement on 19th March 2017: This year GATE result will likely to be declared on 19 March or it will be.
- GATE for International Candidates: Gate 2017 examination shall be held for international candidates in Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri-Lanka, Ethiopia & United Arab Emirates ( U.A.E )
Important Dates for GATE-2017 Aspirants
|Online Application Submission
|Online Application Closed
||4th October 2016
|Examination City change Request Closed
||16th November 2016
|Admit Card Available for Printing
||5th January 2017
||4,5,11 & 12 February 2017
||19th March 2017
PSU’s THROUGH GATE-2017
Since GATE-2012 many Public sector undertaking companies signed MOU with GATE committee to recruit GATE qualified candidate without any other written examination.
GATE-2017 is now right gateway for aspirants to join reputed PSU’s to their career in core engineering field.
However, in past three years, many companies of MAHARATNA PSU, NAVRATNA PSU and MINIRATNA PSU also took participation with GATE committee.
Exam Pattern for GATE-2017
GATE exam paper will be consists of 65 questions carrying 100 marks, out of which 10 questions carrying a total of 15 marks are in General Aptitude (GA). Remaining 45 question will from Technical (your Branch) and Engineering Mathematics.
Types of Questions
GATE exam would contain questions of two different types:
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections. These questions are objective in nature, and each will have a choice of four answers, out of which the candidate has to mark the correct answer(s).
Numerical Answer Questions of 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections. For these questions the answer is a real number, to be entered by the candidate using the virtual keypad. No choices will be shown for this type of questions.
Design of Questions
The questions in a paper may be designed to test the following abilities:
(i) Recall: These are based on facts, principles, formulae or laws of the discipline of the paper. The candidate is expected to be able to obtain the answer either from his/her memory of the subject or at most from a one-line computation.
(ii) Comprehension: These questions will test the candidate's understanding of the basics of his/her field, by requiring him/her to draw simple conclusions from fundamental ideas.
(iii) Application: In these questions, the candidate is expected to apply his/her knowledge either through computation or by logical reasoning.
(iv) Analysis and Synthesis: In these questions, the candidate is presented with data, diagrams, images etc. that require analysis before a question can be answered. A Synthesis question might require the candidate to compare two or more pieces of information.
Questions in this category could, for example, involve candidates in recognising unstated assumptions, or separating useful information from irrelevant information.
For a wrong answer chosen for the multiple choice questions, there would be negative marking. For1-mark multiple choice questions, 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer. Likewise, for 2-mark multiple choice questions, 2/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer. However, there is no negative marking for a wrong answer in numerical answer type questions.
ELIGIBILITY IN GATE-2017 EXAM
To appear for GATE exam candidate must have any one of the following qualifications:
a) Candidates with Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology / Architecture and those who are in the final year or who has completed their degree on or before 2017.
b) Candidates with Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology / Architecture and those who are in the final year or who has completed their degree on or before 2017.
c) Candidates in (Post B.sc.) integrated master degree in Engineering/ Technology four year programmed are eligible but those candidate must complete their degree by year 2018. The second or higher year can write GATE-2017 exam.
d) The students of third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master degree programme and Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology can also apply for GATE-2017 exam. But those candidates must complete their degree on or before 2017.
e) Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by IE(I), AMICE(I) by the Institute of Civil Engineers (India)-ICE(I)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
If you possess any qualification equivalent to the above, still then you are eligible to apply for GATE-2017.
1. GATE Aspirant who has backlog in any subjects should upload mark sheet of final semester or obtain deceleration of principal from their respective college or institute.
2. Final year students also mandatory to obtain deceleration of principal from their institution to complete online application process.
Eligible Disciplines & Code in GATE-2017
|Architecture and Planning
|Computer Science and Information Technology
|Electronics and Communication Engineering
|Ecology and Evolution
|Geology and Geophysics
|Production and Industrial Engineering
|Textile Engineering and Fiber Science
|* Engineering Sciences (XE) Paper Sections (A and any 2 of B to G)
|Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory)
|Polymer Science and Engineering
|** Life Sciences (XL) Paper Sections (H and any 2 of I to M)
|Chemistry Mathematics (Compulsory)
GATE-2017 Online Application Fee
For GATE 2017 payments would have to be made through online by selecting either SBI I-collect or Axis Bank I-Connect, or using any bank Debit Card/Credit Card, Net Banking and e-challan facilities ONLY. Additional charges will be applicable as per the rule of the bank from where the money is being transferred.
||Fee (in INR)
|Male / Other
GATE-2017 Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)
An online interface is provided for your interaction with the GATE Office. With this interface you can
1. Apply for the examination online.
2. Upload photograph, signature and other documents like graduation certificate/ certificate from Principal, caste certificate (if applicable) etc.
3. Pay the application fee through net-banking.
4. Check the Status of your application form: Received, Under Scrutiny, Accepted, Defect Status, Status after Rectification, Rejected with Valid Reasons, Admit Card Ready for Download, etc.
5. Contact the Zonal GATE Offices in case of any queries/problems.
6. Download Admit Card.
7. View your answers, marks and GATE score.
Point to be noted while filling online application for GATE-2017
1. Register yourself with your valid/working E-Mail ID and Mobile Number because all information related GATE-2017 will be sent on these addresses only.
2. You must remember your Enrollment ID and password or never share your personal information with any of your relative or friend for security reasons.
3. Provide all correct information as mentioned on your educational certificates to avoid rejection in your application form. Also mention your Area PIN Code.
4. Upload your high quality, white background and passport size picture only.
5. You must upload your valid I-D proof during online application process. It is mandatory to show same I-D Proof in the examination hall. So it is suggested to upload that I-D proof which you always keep into your pocket/Wallet/Purse.
6. Keep ready your credit/debit/I-collect/I-connect details before starting your online application process.
7. Carefully check your information before confirm and Final submit of your application because no further changes accepted by the GOAPS.
8. Not to forget to upload your certificate from principal/degree certificate/category certificate (if any).
9. After final submission of online application do not forget to save PDF copy of same.
10. It is not required to send printed copy of online application for GATE-2017 to the zonal office.